Sunday, March 16, 2014

e.l.f. Studio Kabuki Face Brush

Kabuki Brush!! Yes it is my favorite brush! This is one brush I use the most, almost every day in fact. I have read many reviews online about this brush and almost all reviewers say it can be compared to the high end kabuki brushes. 

e.l.f. Studio Kabuki Face Brush

What the website says:

“This anti bacterial, synthetic haired Taklon brush is softer and more absorbent and can be used with wet or dry products. Be a professional makeup artist and create a flawless look with this brush! Our handy and easy to use Kabuki Brushes provide a light to full coverage on your face or body to ensure a flawless finish. The compact brush is perfectly sized to allow for precise and controlled application of bronzer, powder, or a highlighter on your skin.
*Vegan Friendly”
Packaging is nice!
Back of the cover

Here are some main features:

Price: $6
Bristles are really soft and fluffy. It’s made with synthetic hair
It has a small metal handle which perfectly fits in my palm 
It is best for using loose powder e.g. mineral loose foundation or loose translucent powder. You can also use it for compact powder
This Kabuki brush is used for sheer to medium coverage
Website says it also can be used with wet make up but I did not try that yet. And probably won’t try as there are lots of other brushes for flawless wet make up application. 
I do not even need a mirror when applying powder foundation with this kabuki brush. It spreads products evenly and flawlessly on the face and neck. You should use it in a circular motion. 


Cons:

It takes more time to dry as it has dense bristles
I had my kabuki brush for 2 years and it did not shed a bit. But my new one (my mother loved it so much that she kept my old kabuki brush, it is her first make up brush) is shedding from day one. I think it is from a bad batch. 


Rating:  4.8/5 

very very dense bristles



Mineral powder on the brush

I have only used e.l.f. Studio Kabuki Face brush here!


Take care! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment