Monday, January 26, 2015

Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet lipstick


Hi makeup addicts! This time I am going to write about my recent favorite lip product. I think it is going to be my Holy Grail lipstick for a long time. It is the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet lipstick. I have two colors – Grand cru and ole flamingo. I bought it from Boots through Gerbera Daisy. Bangladeshi readers can order it through them J




What the company says:

Exclusive formula: Matte finish and incredibly light. Rouge Edition Velvet by Bourjois is the new era of lipsticks. An amazing, irresistible formula. Its soft, melting texture glides on to the lips and turns into a matt, velvety and incredibly light colour. Lips are left smooth and soft as velvet. Enriched with evanescent oils, it’s incredibly sensuous formula provides a soft, second-skin feel, without drying or fading lips.”

 

The Main features and pros:

·         Price: £8.99 in boots

·         Amount: 7.7 ml or 0.2 fl oz.

·         Finish: Matte finish

·         Doe foot applicator

·         Very light and comfortable on lips. It feels like nothing is there on my lips

·         Very very very long lasting. I took a shower after applying the lipstick it did not fade a bit. Then I ate and drank and the color was still there. It easily lasts for 12/14 hours on my lips with meals and drinking. I always tend to eat up lipsticks. So, on other’s lips, it may stay longer.

·         It does not crack or crumble at all

·         When I applied it, it was creamy and after a few seconds it dried to a matte finish

·         It does not dry up my lips at all although it has a matte finish.

·         I can easily reapply it without flaking

·         Colors are quite opaque but I have pigmented lips so need to apply a lip pencil to get the perfect color. But that I do for my most of the lipsticks.

·         These lipsticks have a pickle kind of smell, but that goes away after a few seconds.

Cons:

Absolutely none!
 
 
 
 
 
Left: Ole Flamingo! Right: Grand Cru
 
 
 

 
Grand Cru


 
Ole Flamingo!


Doe foot applicator
 
 
Hand swatch


 

Rating: 5/5
I am going to buy few more shades. :D

 

No comments:

Post a Comment